We are delighted that you would like to film in the City of Providence.
The Department of Art, Culture + Tourism coordinates with a collective of City Department representatives along with production companies to facilitate the logistics of filming in Providence.
What You Need To Film In Providence:
1. Registration Form and Location Agreement
It is mandatory that all production companies who are filming in Providence complete a registration form. A Location Agreement is required for anything filmed on city streets or city-owned property. Both of these forms are in one pdf document.
All productions are required to purchase a minimum $1,000,000 liability insurance policy naming the City of Providence as an additional named insured. Click the title for a sample Certificate of Insurance.
3. Rhode Island Film & Television Office
It is mandatory that all production companies contact The Rhode Island Film & Television Office to obtain permission to film in Rhode Island. The Rhode Island Film & Television Office serves as the initial point of contact for all productions and provides:
· Permits to film in Rhode Island
· Information about the State Tax Credit program
· Listing of current and past film projects
· Crew & Production Guide
· Casting information
4. Public Notification
All production companies must notify merchants and residents about filming that will be taking place in their neighborhoods.
· ACT: Sample Letters Leaflets
3. Filming In A City Park?
· All events taking place in a park require a permit
· All applicants must call Parks Dept. prior to applying
· (401) 785 – 9450 x240
· Park Permit