Petitions — Abandonments, Easements and Zoning Changes
- Maps are required for petitions concerning abandonments, easements and zoning changes
- The fee for filing an abandonment petition is $75
- The fee for filing a zoning change petition is $150
- There is no fee for filing an easement petition
Petition Form Available for Download:
Petition General (use this form for abandonments, easements and zoning changes.
- Complete the petition with original signatures on each.
- Enclose the appropriate fee, if applicable.
- Make a photocopy for your records.
Enclose a check made payable to the City of Providence for the following:
- The fee for filing an abandonment petition is $75.
- The fee for filing a zoning change petition is $150.
Please send the completed petition form(s) to:
Office of the City Clerk
Providence City Hall
25 Dorrance Street
Providence, RI 02903
Effective May 1, 2018, any and all advertising fees and mailing costs associated with petitions for abandonments, easements, zone changes, and tax stabilization agreements will be borne by the petitioner.