The HCO provides technical assistance and other support to Providence Public Schools.
Current work includes:
- Bringing public health expertise to the Physical Health and Nutrition, Healthy Relationships, and Social Emotional Sub-Committees,
- Developing a green schoolyard strategy
- Creating the Providence Farm to School action plan, and
- Assessing the need for access to menstrual hygiene products (MHPs).
- HCO was instrumental in creating the School Wellness Coordinator position to update and implement the Providence Public Schools Wellness Policy
- Providence Public Schools Healthy Relationships Guide