Open Enrollment is June 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019
All elections made during Open Enrollment will be effective July 1, 2019
If you wish to make changes in your coverages, please complete any applicable forms and applications and forward to the City Benefits Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (401) 680-5457 or Interoffice mail by Sunday, June 30, 2019. Please note that the City Benefits Office is open weekdays from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
You may contact the City Benefits Office via email to email@example.com or by calling (401) 680-5279.
If You Take NO Action During Open Enrollment
If you take no action during Open Enrollment, your benefits will remain exactly as they are, except if you currently have a Flexible Spending Account and do not re-enroll.
What’s New for July 1, 2019
- Telemedicine now available to all employees through Doctors Online
- Wellness Incentive Program through Virgin Pulse (Non-Union and 1033 employees only)
- NEW Basic/AD&D & Optional Life vendor – Prudential (Police, Fire, Non-Union)
- All current coverage amounts and beneficiaries will transfer to Prudential for 7/1/2019
- No action needed for Open Enrollment unless you wish you change coverage amount or beneficiaries
- NEW Flexible Spending Account vendor – London Health Administrators in partnership with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island
- You must re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts each year – elections do not carryover from year to year
- If you currently have an FSA with TASC, you will continue to submit claims to TASC.
- As of July 1, you will submit all claims (including those for plan year 7/1/2018 – 6/30/2019) to London Health. You have until 7/30/2019 to incur and submit claims from the prior plan year funds.
Actions to Take Each Year
- Opt Out of City Coverage – employees must complete an Opt Out Form each year and provide a copy of your alternate insurance card
- Add/Remove Dependents from Coverage – review who you’re covering on benefits for the coming year
- Enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts – enrollment is required each year as elections do not carryover to the new year
- Medical – contribute up to $2,700 per year on a pre-tax basis
- Dependent Care – contribute up to $5,000 per year on a pre-tax basis
- Parking/Transit – contribute up to $265 per month on a pre-tax basis
- Beneficiary Review – it is always recommended that you review your beneficiaries and complete a new form if you wish to make changes
Applications and Forms
Davis Vision Enrollment Form (Non-Union, Police, Fire)
Please forward all applicable forms and applications by Sunday, June 30, 2019 to the City Benefits Office:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax to (401) 680-5457; Interoffice mail to City Benefits Office