- If it is your intention to file a claim against the City of Providence for alleged injuries or damages, please complete in detail the appropriate claim form.
An original petition with original signature is required for filing.
- A detailed description of the incident must be written in the blank portion of the form, and the bottom portion of the form must be completed and signed. If the petition is not completed in detail with a full description and signature, your submission will be returned to you.
- For Property Damage, it is required that petitioners submit either two (2) estimates of the damage, or a copy of the repair bill if the repair has been made.
- For Personal Injury, include medical bills. Any additional information pertinent to and in support of the claim should also be included, such as photos, witness statements, police reports, etc.
- Pothole claims must be filed within seven (7) days from that of the incident!
- When completed please return within 7 days (from date of incident), as per Rhode Island General Laws Section 24-5-13, to the Department of City Clerk for proper filing.
Instructions for claims:
- Download the appropriate claims in PDF format.
- Complete the petition with original signatures on each.
- Make a photocopy for your records.
- Please send the completed claims form(s) to:
Office of the City Clerk
Providence City Hall
25 Dorrance Street
Providence, RI 02903