PVD HealthWorks is the City’s specialized healthcare and social assistance (HSA) workforce development partnership that will create training pipelines, career pathways, and other workforce solutions for individuals interested in accessing careers in the healthcare and social assistance industry.
The program matches training to high demand employer workforce needs, connecting qualified HSA professionals with employers looking for top talent, strategically connect partners around shared needs, and actively foster system solutions around those shared needs to minimize siloed efforts.
The main goals for the first phase of the initiative are to:
- Expand access to training for Medical Assistants and Direct Support Professionals that is aligned to employer-defined competencies.
- Improve training retention and job placement/retention by using industry-specific screening tools to assess interest and readiness.
- Pilot specialized recruitment strategies for HSA employers including new registration technology to optimize the outcomes of specialized recruitment fairs.
- Continue to grow PVD HealthWorks
- Lifespan Corporation
- Care New England
- CVS Health
- Providence Community Health Centers, Inc.
- Groden Network
- Comprehensive Community Action Program
- Greater Providence Chamber of Commerce
- Workforce Solutions of Providence/Cranston
- Rhode Island College – Institute for Education in Healthcare
- Genesis Center
- Skills for Rhode Island’s Future
- Community College of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Nurses Institute Middle College
- Building Futures – Apprenticeship Rhode Island