Your supply kit should have enough food, water and other supplies to last for at least 72 hours. This disaster supply kit is important because, you may have to shelter-in-place for long periods of time or evacuate at a moment’s notice and may not have time to gather the necessary supplies.
Items to include
- WATER, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation.
- FOOD, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food.
- Battery-powered or hand crank RADIO and a NOAA WEATHER ALERT RADIO with spare
- FLASHLIGHT and spare batteries.
- FIRST AID KIT
- WHISTLE to signal for help.
- DUST MASK, to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place.
- MOIST TOWELLETTES AND GARBAGE BAGS for personal sanitation.
- WRENCH or PLIERS to turn off utilities
- CAN OPENER for food (if kit contains canned food)
- LOCAL MAPS
- INFANT Supplies such as DIAPER and FORMULA
- PET SUPPLIES such as food and water
- IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS
- PRESCRIPTION glasses