William C. Bombard, P.E.
The Engineering Division is the custodian of all engineering records for City Public Works infrastructure including sewers, street lines, benchmarks, highway sections and other archival records.
Engineering Division is responsible for the inspection and construction management of streets, sewers, storm drains, traffic signals, traffic signs, pavement markings, construction projects, maintenance projects; planning, design and project management of the City’s Capital Improvement Program (CIP).
The Division is responsible for all of the public contracts and construction projects that use public funds. It prepares and updates the Capital Improvement Program (CIP), and other Federal Funding Programs; provides inspection and contract administration for the projects.
The Engineering Division is also responsible for the following:
- Reviewing site plans for new construction and reconstruction
- Investigating and reviewing legal claims against the City
- Reviewing planned utility work and issuing permits for installation/repair
- Reviewing and issuing Physical Alteration Permits (PAPs) for work within the public right-of-way, including curbs, sidewalks and driveways
- Issuing permits for connections, extensions, alterations, and modifications to the City’s sewer system; to include Drain Layers Licenses
- Assist the Board of License with the inspection/issuance of table and chair licenses
- Maintains the database of new sidewalk requests
- Ensures the safe and normal operations of the Fox Point Hurricane Barrier
- Coordination of the City’s Storm Water Management Plan