Requirements of a Marriage License in Providence
Both Parties Need the Following:
- Certified Birth Certificates (Original) – Must have parent(s) name(s) on the certificate. NO PHOTOCOPIES!
- Valid Photo I.D
- Proof of Residency – Parties must present a utility bill, bank statement, car registration, tax return or pay stub with current address.
- If NOT first marriage – Certified FINAL divorce decree or death certificate from previous marriage must be presented.
- All Documents Must Be In English. If Documents are not in English, a certified translation must be presented and ACCOMPANIED BY ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS.
DOCUMENTS MUST BE TRANSLATED BY A CERTIFIED TRANSLATOR AND NOTARIZED BY A NOTARY OF THE PUBLIC. IT CANNOT BE THE SAME INDIVIDUAL.
- Both parties must apply between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. Only.
- $24.00 License Fee – Check or Money Order ONLY – NO CASH
- Both parties must both be present at the time of the application
- ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE ORIGINALS, PHOTOCOPIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!