Thank you for hosting your event in the City of Providence. We are delighted that you will be attracting visitors, building community, supporting local businesses and energizing our capital city. The Public Events Permit has been developed for any person or group who wants to host a special event that impacts public property and city services. It also serves to help you consider all the logistics necessary for operating a safe and successful event.
The City of Providence now has the new Public Events Permit Application available online. This application must be filled out for those organizations and individuals looking to impact public property, this includes but is not limited to : festivals, races, non-profit community block-parties, parades, fundraisers, religious events and other events open to the general public.
- Submission of this application DOES NOT guarantee event permission from the City of Providence.
- No event permit shall be granted to organizations with 60+ days overdue balance from the Detail Office, DPW, or the Parks Department.
- Before completing this application, please contact the Department of Art, Culture + Tourism and the Providence Parks Department (if applicable) to confirm whether your preferred event date is available.
- Applications must be received: 90 days in advance for events with an event permit fee of $50
- Please COMPLETE THE PROVIDENCE PUBLIC EVENT APPLICATION HERE.
- Obtain Liability Insurance – EXAMPLE Certificate of Insurance
- Once the application is complete, any affected departments will be in touch to let you know of any conflicts.
Make Your Event Green!
A Green Event seeks to minimize its impact on the environment and host community by incorporating core principles of resource conservation. These principles range from providing recycling to procuring renewable energy and reusable materials.
Please CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE CLEAN WATER ACTION WEBSITE FOR GUIDELINES TO GREENING YOUR EVENT.
Make A Safety Plan
Events (especially those hosting 5000 or more people) should create an Incident Action Plan (IAP) in case of emergency. An IAP formally documents your strategy for responding to an emergency situation & streamlines communication + response plans among staff & emergency personnel.
Requesting The Mayor At Your Event
Would you like the Mayor to be present for your event? *Please note: Completing this form does not guarantee the Mayor’s participation or attendance.*