All elections made during Open Enrollment will be effective October 1, 2021
If you wish to make changes in your coverages, please complete any applicable forms and applications and forward to the School Benefits Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to (401) 680-5457 or Interoffice mail by Thursday, September 30, 2021.
You may contact the School Benefits Office via email to email@example.com with any questions you may have. We will do our best to answer your questions as soon as possible. If you would like a return phone call, please be sure to include your phone number.
Applications and Forms
- Benefits Open Enrollment Form (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- PPSD Coordination of Benefits Certification Form
- Opt-Out Form – Teachers
- Benefit Option Form – Teachers Hired Before 8/30/2004
- Benefit Option Form – Teachers Hired After 8/30/2004
Local Union 1033
Local Union 1339
- Voya Voluntary Coverage Offerings
- Critical Illness – Pays a lump-sum benefit when you are diagnosed with a covered serious condition, such as heart attack, stroke, or cancer
- Hospital Indemnity – Helps lessen the financial impact of out-of-pocket hospital costs by paying a daily benefit if you have a covered stay in a hospital, critical care unit, or rehabilitation facility
- Accident Insurance – Helps lessen the financial impact of out-of-pocket medical costs associated with specific injuries and events resulting from a covered accident
TransAmerica Coverage Offering
- Permanent Life Insurance – Protection for your family in the event of your death, and protection for you while you are living for long-term care expenses if you are unable to care for yourself
MetLife Coverage Offering
- Legal Plan – Covers the costs on a wide range of common legal issues by providing access to experienced attorneys to help with estate planning, home sales, tax audits, and more
Identity Force Coverage Offering
- Identity Theft – Provide you and your family with world-class identity theft protection plans built to proactively monitor, alert, and help you fix any identity theft compromises
Wellness Incentive Program through Virgin Pulse – all PPSD employees are eligible to participate!
- Requirements – your annual well visit, dental exam and earn an additional 7,500 points within the portal.
- We will have many virtual webinars where you will be able to participate and earn points from the comfort, safety and convenience of your own home.
- Visit our Wellness page for more information!
If You Take NO Action During Open Enrollment
If you take no action during Open Enrollment, your benefits (medical, pharmacy, dental, vision) will remain exactly as they are today.
Actions to Consider Each Year During Open Enrollment
- Opt Out of Coverage – employees must complete an Opt-Out Form each year AND provide a copy of your alternate insurance card for yourself and at least one other family member if opting out for Family coverage.
- Add/Remove Dependents from Coverage – review who you’re covering on benefits for the coming year
- Review Optional Life Insurance Coverage (Non-Union only) – each year you may increase one factor of salary (if you already have Optional Life coverage) without the need to answer any medical questions.
- If you are newly electing or increasing by more than one factor of your salary, you will need to complete an Evidence of Insurability form. We will email you the form with directions for submission.
- Want to earn some extra cash? Visit our Wellness page for an overview of the Wellness Program and helpful tips and information for completing the activities!
Please forward all completed forms and applications by Thursday, September 30, 2021 to the City Benefits Office:
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax to (401) 680-5457; Interoffice mail to School Benefits Office/City Hall