Accident or Incident Report
Police Home Chief of Police Administrative Division Uniform Bureau Investigative Bureau Community Relations Bureau
An Accident or Incident Report can be requested as follows:
Request from PPD – Records Department
- The Records Office can be reached at (401) 243-6416.
- You can pick up reports between the hours of 8:15 AM to 2:45.
- If you feel you have been denied access a police report, you have the right to appeal to the Police Chief.
- If you are still not satisfied, you may file a complaint with the Department of Attorney General, located at 4 Howard Avenue, Cranston, RI 02920, or file suit in Superior Court.
Purchase Online Crash/Accident Report
- Involved parties and commercial account holders can purchase crash reports quickly and easily with LexisNexis® Police Reports.
- As an involved party in an accident, ordering a copy of the report is easy with LexisNexis® Police Reports.
- Eliminate the need to drive to the police department, find parking and stand in line to request a copy of your accident report.
- You can quickly access and download a copy of the report without leaving your home or office.