Using this system allows you to submit a police report and print a copy immediately. You may use this system for the following incidents:
Harassing Phone Calls, Lost Property, Vandalism (Motor Vehicle or Property), Fraudulent Use of Credit Card, Theft, Theft of Vehicle Parts, Identity Theft, Theft of Mail/Packages, Theft from Vehicles and Burglary Supplement.
Citizens Online Police Reporting
Confirm the following to determine if filing an online citizen police report is right for you:
- If this is not an emergency. If this is an emergency, please call 911.
- This incident occurred within the Providence City limits.
- There are no “Known Suspects.”
- There was no physical evidence left at the scene.
- The incident does not involve a Domestic Violence Related Crime.
- The incident does not involve the loss of Firearms or Prescription Medications.
- Do not report stolen vehicles, vehicle accidents, or vehicle hit and run accidents online.
- Please read the additional restrictions within the “Examples” column when you begin your report.
- If your report does not meet the criteria listed above, please contact us at (401)272-3121 to speak to a dispatcher.
- Make sure to turn off your pop-up-blocking software before filing the report.
- Be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples.
- You will be given a temporary case number.
- You may print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
Note: Filing a false police report is a crime.
If this is an emergency, dial 911
Self-Reporting accidents occurring on Private Property
This self-reporting is for:
- Accidents that occur on Private Property (i.e, in parking garages) that do not involve City vehicles
- No reports of injuries
- No indication of criminal offense
Parties involved should exchange information with each other and share the results of this Self- Reporting Accident Report with respective insurance companies.