If this is not an emergency, use the appropriate reporting method which allows you to submit a police report and print a copy immediately. Call 911 for emergencies!
Citizens Online Police Reporting – For incidents in Providence
This reporting is for:
- Harassing Phone Calls, Lost Property
- Vandalism (Motor Vehicle or Property)
- Fraudulent Use of Credit Card
- Theft – Theft of Vehicle Parts, Identity Theft, Theft of Mail/Packages, Theft from Vehicles and Burglary Supplement.
- There are no “Known Suspects.”
- There was no physical evidence left at the scene.
- Does not involve a Domestic Violence Related Crime.
- Does not involve the loss of Firearms or Prescription Medications.
- Report stolen vehicles
- Accidents (not occurring on private property) and hit and run accidents (not occurring on private property) at (401)272-3121 in order to have an officer present.
- Additional examples are included once you begin the online report.
- If your incident does not meet the criteria above, please contact us at (401)272-3121 to speak to a dispatcher.
If this is an emergency, dial 911
What happens after you begin a report:
- Make sure to turn off your pop-up-blocking software before filing the report.
- You will be given a temporary case number.
- You may print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Note: Filing a false police report is a crime.
Car accidents (self-reporting) occurring on Private Property in Providence
- Accidents that occur on Private Property (i.e, in parking garages) that do not involve City vehicles
- No reports of injuries
- No indication of a criminal offense
Parties involved should exchange information with each other and share the results of this Self- Reporting Accident Report with respective insurance companies.