COVID-19 Notice: City buildings are open to the public on beginning Monday, June 22 in a limited capacity and subject to COVID-19 related guidelines. On operational days, each department will be staffed at half the capacity to comply with social distancing guidelines. Appointments need to be made ahead of time to process BCI requests.
The Providence Police Department, BCI Bureau provides fingerprinting for Providence Residents, by appointment only on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Download the BCI (Fillable) form to your pc or phone.
- Email the completed .pdf form to us at:
- Use the calendar to make an appointment (48 hours after) the time you email the form to us to come in and complete the process.
Download the BCI (fillable) Form Email Form to BCI Make an Appointment
PVD BCI Bureau will provide fingerprinting for Providence residents for the following:
- Childcare + Day Care center employees
- Adoption Agencies (no charge)
- Foster Care (no charge)
- Massage Therapists
- Medical Marijuana
- DCYF Employees
- School Employees (including 3rd parties)
- Ink Cards
Cost = $45.00 (check or money order/cash is not accepted)
Required: A letter of employment and proof of residency
Proof of Residency requires at least one of the following:
- Driver’s license
- Student ID
- State ID
- PVD Municipal ID
BCI also provides Providence residents – BCI checks for Providence Schools Volunteers!
Our BCI Bureau does not provide fingerprinting for the following:
- Dept. of Business Regulations
- Financial/Alarm Companies
- Private Security Companies
- Pre-school and Nursery Schools
- Precious Metals/Tools + Electronics
- Mental Health Facilities
- Health Care/Nursing Facilities/Adult Day Care Centers
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA)
- Child Care + Day Care Owners and Operators
The above fingerprint is done by the State’s Department of Attorney General BCI located at 4 Howard Avenue in Cranston – 401-274-4400.
If you have difficulty with downloading, emailing or making an appointment:
Call us at: 401-243-6185 or 401-243-6453 (Leave us a message, we will call you back)