Providence Recreation Centers are located in neighborhoods across the city. They provide Providence residents with easy access to recreational activities, educational programs, and are social gathering places. Each center has a director and part-time staff and are open, free of charge, to all Providence residents. After Monday, September 3rd all Recreation Center hours will be 3:00 pm to 9:00 pm Monday through Friday and 9:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturdays. Please call your local Recreation Center or the Recreation Main Office for more information.
The Providence Department of Recreation is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our residents and youth as we continue to offer more in-person activities and reopen our facilities. Our Recreation staff created the following protocols to help protect youth, families, and staff and stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Upon arrival to Recreation Centers, all staff and visitors will be asked screening questions and have their temperature taken before they’re signed in.
- Face masks will be required at all times and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- No outside equipment (sports balls, etc.) will be allowed inside the facilities.
- Personal water bottles will be allowed with restrictions (each center will have a designated drinking area) and water fountains will be deactivated.
- Participants must wait outside prior to each activity session and must wait outside for pick up after each activity has ended.
- Each Recreation Center will have a designated quarantine area to isolate youth if they’re feeling ill and their parent/guardian will be contacted immediately to pick them up.
- Social distancing measures such as traffic flow indicators, program seating, and capacity limitations as informed by recommended best practices to protect public health will be enforced at all times.
- Restrooms can only be used by one person at a time and staff will disinfect the area after every use.
Recreation Centers open Monday-Friday from 4:30-8:30PM:
- Batastini Recreation Center
- John Rollins Recreation Center
- Joslin Recreation Center
- Kennedy Recreation Center
- Sackett Recreation Center
Recreation Centers open Monday-Friday from 3:00-8:30PM:
- Davey Lopes Recreation Center
- Neutaconkanut Recreation Center
- Rogers Recreation Center
- Vincent Brown Recreation Center
- West End Recreation Center
- Zuccolo Recreation Center
Providence Recreation Center Locations:
438 Hope St. Providence RI 20906
Director: Herlin Perry
Phone: 401-680-7362 and 7363
John H. Rollins
674 Praire Ave. Providence, RI 02905
Acting Director: Na’Sha Bailey
Phone: 401-680-7352 and 7353
60 Camden Ave., Providence RI 02908
Director: Michael Holland
Phone: 401-680-7358 and 7359
227 Dudley St. Providence, RI 02907
Director: Danyelle Delves
Phone: 401-680-7350 and 7351
18 Gesler St. Providence, RI 02909
Director: Jackie Poulios
Phone: 401-680-7366 and 7367
50 Obediah Brown Rd. Providence, RI 02909
Director: Michael Reed
17 Hyat St. Providence, RI 02909
Director: Elmer Stanley
Phone: 401-680-7354 and 7355
675 Plainfield St. Providence, RI 02909
Director: Yailenny Mendoza
Phone: 401-680-7356 and 7357
109 Bucklin St. Providence, RI 02907
Director: Lynn Johnson
Phone: 401-680-7364 and 7365
159 Sackett St. Providence, RI 02907
Director: Michael Shepard
Phone: 401-680-7360 and 7361
195 Nelson St.
Providence, RI 02908
Director: Joshua Odugbela
Providence Recreation Administrative Office:
11 West Drive
Providence, RI 02904
Open: Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm