The highway is made up of 57 employees (including foremen) Sewer is made up of 10 employees (including foremen) under the direction of the Highway Superintendent and Sewer Superintendent.
Superintendent of Highway
The Highway Division is responsible for the following services to the City of Providence:
• Pothole repair and road maintenance for 370 miles of roadway.
• Monitoring the safety of 50 City-owned bridges.
• Cleaning and repair of City owned sidewalks.
• Plowing and Sanding of City streets during the winter snow.
• Removal of litter and debris from City-owned property, streets, and sidewalks.
• Street sweeping of all City streets.
• Clean up following neighborhood, organizational and ethnic festivals.
• Environmental clean-ups with the City’s Environmental Department during clean and liens of private property.
Superintendent of Sewer
The Sewer Division is responsible for the following services:
• Cleaning, maintenance, and repair of City sewer mains.
• Repair of inlet stones.
• Catch basin cleaning and repair.
• Repair of broken pipes owned and operated by the City.