City Hall is open to the public and available for photographs free of charge.
Areas that can be used for photographs:
- The first and second-floor staircase
- Public landings overlooking the main staircase in the center of City Hall
- The Aldermen Chambers (if it is not in use)
If you would like to have your Wedding Ceremony at City Hall, small groups (of up to 60 max) can be accommodated in the Aldermen Chambers.
Our maintenance staff will setup chairs for your event, but you or your appointed event staff would be responsible for decorating and the removal of the decorations.
When decorating keep in mind:
- Nothing can be used to attach items to chamber walls, furniture, or fixtures. Adhesives, nails, push-pins, and tacks are prohibited.
- All décor must be free standing
- Confetti, glitter, small beads, silly string or any other small item that will be difficult to clean-up is not allowed.
- Candles and open flames are also prohibited.
We do not provide an officiant for your wedding ceremony. You may coordinate that yourself or with your event staff. This list of local officiants has made themselves available to provide their services for a fee.
Fee Structure for a maximum 4-hour reservation.
Make checks payable to “City of Providence”. Please mail the check(s) to Public Property Office Room 407 at 25 Dorrance Street, Providence RI, 02903 or hand-deliver to room 407 in City Hall.
Please Contact: Lana Romano, 401-680-5508 to schedule your reservation.
Large Scale Events
In order to use the space for a large event:
- Insurance covering damages of at least $1,000,000.00 must be provided.
- • If your event will already carry insurance and the overall value of the certificate exceeds our minimum, we only need to be provided with a copy of City Hall named as an additionally insured party.
- • If you do not have an existing insurance policy you can obtain a one-time certificate from your insurance provider or obtain one online. Eventhelper.com is one such source that is easy to navigate. (Depending on your event date, the cost of such a certificate generally starts around $65.)
- You will be required to sign a waiver with the Department of Public Property. After you complete the form below or speak to the Public Property department about your inquiry, this will be sent to you for completion.
Your insurance certificate must be provided 1 week prior to your event. Please use the following information for the certificate:
- Contact: Lana Romano, 401-680-5508 to schedule your reservation.
- Location/Organization: Providence City Hall, 25 Dorrance Street, Providence, RI 02903
*Your certificate will not need to include “Host alcohol coverage” as alcoholic beverages are not permitted at City Hall. You will also not need a Waiver of Subrogation.
City Hall is open Monday through Friday 8:30-4:30. Stop by anytime during regular office hours if you would like to see the building’s interior. Also, feel free to stop in at room 407 (Department of Public Property) for assistance and with any questions.