Property Owners of Property listed for Tax Sale Information
- have a large balance from the last tax year, or
- have not paid any tax in this year, or
The payment must be in our office by 4 pm on August 25, 2020.
Email questions to Put “Tax Sale Question” in the subject line.
- City hall is open but operating under social distancing, so only half of our staff will be present. If you must make payment in person, be prepared for longer wait times.
- To minimize everyone’s risk of exposure, avoid paying your tax in person. Certified (bank) checks or money orders (including postal money orders) via mail, UPS or FedEx:
Collector’s Office-Tax Sale-Rm 203
25 Dorrance St
Providence, RI 02903
- instead of mailing, you can put your payment in the dropbox located at the rear of City Hall (handicapped entrance).
- Credit and debit card payments at billpay.providenceri.gov.
(We do not recommend this method due to the credit card fee of 2.85%. Ex. On a payment of $2,500, the fee is an additional $71.25.
Do not use the e-check option, since your personal check will not clear in time for the tax sale.)
The 2020 TAX SALE was held virtually on August 26, 2020.
Property Owners and related parties are being notified in accordance with state law. The Tax Sale will take place online.
CivicSource Call Center – 888-692-4842 – to get answers on a recorded line