Property Owners of Property listed for Tax Sale Information
- have a large balance from the last tax year, or
- have not paid any tax in this year, or
The payment must be in our office by 4 pm on May 13. We will empty the dropbox at 4 pm on May 13 to process your payment.
Email questions to Put “Tax Sale Question” in the subject line.
- personal checks and cash cannot be accepted.
- certified (bank) checks or money orders (including postal money orders) via mail, UPS or FedEx:
Collector’s Office-Tax Sale-Rm 203
25 Dorrance St
Providence, RI 02903
- instead of mailing, you can put your payment in the dropbox located at the back of City Hall (handicapped entrance).
- Credit and debit card payments at www.billpay.providenceri.gov.
(We do not recommend this method due to the credit card fee of 2.85%. Ex. On a payment of $2,500, the fee is an additional $71.25. Do not use the e-check option, since your personal check will not clear in time for the tax sale.)