Residential Handicap Parking signs designate a parking space as only useable by people who hold a Disability Parking Placard.
You must meet the following eligibility requirements to request a residential parking sign in front of your house:
- You must be a resident of the City of Providence and live at the address where you are requesting handicap parking signs
- You must have a valid Disability Parking Placard issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV); AND
- You must live in either:
- A multi-family building.
- A single-family home with no driveway or off-street parking at all.
- A single-family home with a shared driveway
- A single-family home where your driveway or off-street parking is inaccessible for you. Examples of this are:
- Driveway too steep for car to utilize
- Driveway too narrow to get from your car to your home’s entrance
- Extremely uneven ground
- Driveway is significantly far away from an entrance to your home as compared to street parking
The Public Works Department will review and contact you with any questions.
Any handicap parking signs that are installed will be reviewed every 3 years to confirm that the resident of the home still holds a Disability Parking Placard.