City encourages take-out, delivery and dining local to support Providence Restaurants
January 15, 2021
PROVIDENCE, RI — Mayor Jorge O. Elorza today announced that the City will offer free, two-hour parking in designated commercial districts in alignment with Providence Restaurant Weeks through February 6, 2021.
“This pandemic has hit our restaurant and small business community hard, so we want to support those establishments and folks visiting them by making it as easy as possible,” said Mayor Jorge Elorza. “As we continue to repair, rebuild, and re-emerge through this these next few months, I encourage everyone to shop and dine local to support our local economy.”
Providence is known regionally and nationally as a unique food destination with a wide variety of offerings. Over the next three weeks, over 40 participating restaurants in Providence and throughout Rhode Island will offer dining deals, including options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. A list of participating restaurants can be found at the Providence Warwick Convention Visitors Bureau website here.
Free two-hour parking will be offered in designated commercial districts throughout Providence. Two hours of free parking will be offered every day from 10:00 AM until 9:00 PM beginning Friday, January 15, 2021, through February 6 in the following commercial districts:
- Atwells Avenue – Bradford Street to Knight Street
- Spruce Street – Dean Street to Acorn Street
- Dean Street – Atwells Avenue to West Exchange Street
- Acorn Street – Spruce Street to Atwells Avenue
- Bradford Street – Atwells Avenue to Jones Street
- Bond Street – Atwells Avenue to Spruce Street
- Broad Street – Public Street to Montgomery Street
- Downtown Providence – bounded by Fountain Street, Memorial Boulevard, Weybosset Street, Empire Street and Friendship Street (from Dyer Street to Dorrance Street)
- Hope Street – Rochambeau Avenue to Blackstone Boulevard
- North Main Street – Thomas Street to Park Row
- Olneyville Square – Route 10 to Sydney Street and Delaine Street to Atwood Street to Magnolia Street
- South Main Street – James Street to Packet Street
- Point Street – From Eddy to East Franklin Street
- Thayer Street – Bowen Street to Waterman Street
- Wayland Square – East Angell Street/Angell Street to Gano Street and Wayland Avenue from Angell Street to Pitman Street
- Wickenden/Ives – Wickenden Street at Benefit Street to Ives Street at Preston Street
- While parking meter violations will not be issued during free two-hour parking in the specified districts, parking time limits will be enforced.