Superintendent of Highway
The Highway Division is responsible for the following services to the City of Providence:
• Pothole repair and road maintenance for 370 miles of roadway.
• Monitoring the safety of 50 City-owned bridges.
• Cleaning and repair of City-owned sidewalks.
• Plowing and Sanding of City streets during the winter snow.
• Removal of litter and debris from City-owned property, streets, and sidewalks.
• Street sweeping of all City streets.
• Clean up following neighborhood, organizational and ethnic festivals.
• Environmental clean-ups with the City’s Environmental Department during clean and liens of private property.
Superintendent of Sewer
The Sewer Division is responsible for the following services:
• Cleaning, maintenance, and repair of City sewer mains.
• Repair of inlet stones.
• Catch basin cleaning and repair.
• Repair of broken pipes owned and operated by the City.
For Sewer Main Emergencies, contact:
M-F, 7:00AM to 3:30PM — 680-7547
After hours and Weekends — 272-3121