City to offer daily and multi-day meal distribution
PROVIDENCE, RI – Mayor Jorge O. Elorza in partnership with the Providence Parks Department and the Providence Recreation Department announced a grab and go dinner meal program for Providence youth Thursday.
The City continues to develop innovative programming to support youth and families in accordance with state and city COVID-19 guidelines and best practices. Nutritious grab and go dinner meals will be available to all Providence youth Monday through Thursday after school hours at tented locations outside of 11 of the city’s recreation centers beginning on Tuesday, October 27.
Daily meals grab and go meals will be available Monday through Wednesday. The City will offer multi-day meal distribution on Thursdays. There will be no grab and go meal service on Fridays.
Youth or a parent or guardian may pick-up the daily or multi-day meal distribution offerings. Meals will be distributed Monday through Thursday 5:00-6:30 pm at the following meal distribution sites:
- Zuccolo Recreation Center – 18 Gesler St.
- Neutaconkanut Recreation Cente r- 675 Plainfield St.
- West End Recreation Center – 109 Bucklin St.
- South Providence Recreation Center – 674 Prairie Ave.
- Davey Lopes Recreation Center – 227 Dudley St.
- The Robert F. Kennedy Recreation Center- 195 Nelson St.
- Joslin Recreation Center – 17 Hyatt St.
- Vincent Brown Recreation Center – 438 Hope St.
- Sackett Recreation Center – 159 Sackett St.
- Selim Rogers Recreation Center – 60 Camden Ave.
- Batastini Recreation Center – 50 Obediah Brown Rd.
# # #