The Providence Department of Recreation is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our residents and youth as we continue to offer more in-person activities and reopen safely. Our Recreation staff created the following protocols to help protect youth, families, and staff and stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community.
Upon arrival to Recreation Centers, all staff and visitors will be asked screening questions and have their temperature taken before they’re signed in.
- Face masks will be required at all times and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building.
- No outside equipment (sports balls, etc.) will be allowed inside the facilities.
- Personal water bottles will be allowed with restrictions (each center will have a designated drinking area) and water fountains will be deactivated.
- Participants must wait outside prior to each activity session and must wait outside for pick up after each activity has ended.
- Each Recreation Center will have a designated quarantine area to isolate youth if they’re feeling ill and their parent/guardian will be contacted immediately to pick them up.
- Social distancing measures such as traffic flow indicators, program seating, and capacity limitations as informed by recommended best practices to protect public health will be enforced at all times.
- Restrooms can only be used by one person at a time and staff will disinfect the area after every use.
Neutaconkanut, West End, Rogers and Vincent Brown Recreation Centers offer extended hours from 9:00-11:00PM, Monday-Thursday for youth 18 and over.
Recreation Centers open Monday-Friday from 4:00-9:00PM and Saturday 9:00AM-2:00PM:
- John Rollins Recreation Center
- Kennedy Recreation Center
- Sackett Recreation Center
Recreation Centers open Monday-Friday from 3:00-8:30PM and Saturday 9:00AM-2:00PM
- Batastini Recreation Center
- Davey Lopes Recreation Center
- Joslin Recreation Center
- Neutaconkanut Recreation Center
- Rogers Recreation Center
- Vincent Brown Recreation Center
- West End Recreation Center
- Zuccolo Recreation Center
Providence Recreation Center Locations:
438 Hope St. Providence RI 20906
Director: Herlin Perry
Phone: 401-680-7362 and 7363
John H. Rollins
674 Praire Ave. Providence, RI 02905
Acting Director: Na’Sha Bailey
Phone: 401-680-7352 and 7353
60 Camden Ave., Providence RI 02908
Director: Michael Holland
Phone: 401-680-7358 and 7359
227 Dudley St. Providence, RI 02907
Director: Danyelle Delves
Phone: 401-680-7350 and 7351
18 Gesler St. Providence, RI 02909
Director: Jackie Poulios
Phone: 401-680-7366 and 7367
50 Obediah Brown Rd. Providence, RI 02909
Director: Michael Reed
17 Hyat St. Providence, RI 02909
Director: Elmer Stanley
Phone: 401-680-7354 and 7355
675 Plainfield St. Providence, RI 02909
Director: Yailenny Mendoza
Phone: 401-680-7356 and 7357
109 Bucklin St. Providence, RI 02907
Director: Lynn Johnson
Phone: 401-680-7364 and 7365
159 Sackett St. Providence, RI 02907
Director: Michael Shepard
Phone: 401-680-7360 and 7361
195 Nelson St.
Providence, RI 02908
Director: Joshua Odugbela
Providence Recreation Administrative Office:
11 West Drive
Providence, RI 02904
Open: Monday – Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm