The Retirement Office administers pension plan benefits to the members of the Employee Retirement System of the City of Providence (the “Retirement System”) in cooperation with the City Council and the Retirement Board of the Retirement System. The Retirement Office staff strives to provide quality, professional service and diligently administers all policies and procedures in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements.
The City of Providence established an employee retirement board under its Home Rule Charter to provide rules and regulations for the administration and operation of the Employee Retirement System of the City of Providence.
• Change of Address
• Direct Deposit Authorization
• Application for Service Retirement
• Application for Deferred Retirement
• Designation of Beneficiary
• Purchase of Service Request
• Return of Interest on Contributions
• Return of Accumulated Contributions