We thank you for your continued cooperation as the City updates its policies in response to the current public health crisis. Although all public facilities and City buildings are closed to the public, the Mayor announced a series of temporary operational changes that will help minimize disruption to the delivery of essential city services. Effective as of 12:01AM, Wednesday, March 18, 2020, these changes will be standard for our community until further notice.
Below please note the following temporary operational changes for the Departments of Planning + Development and Inspections + Standards:
- Public meetings that are non-essential will be postponed for the next 30 days, per the Governor’s Executive Order, and all essential meetings are encouraged to happen online or by phone as specified.
- City planning applications, permits, and licensing reviews will require residents and businesses to use online and email tools for submission of materials and payment. In cases where this is not possible, documents can be dropped-off at specified times or submitted through the drop-box located at the back entrance of 444 Westminster Street.**
- The Inspections of buildings and other infrastructure will continue as regularly scheduled.*
- The Board of Contract and Supply will continue to receive bids on city contracts according to specified drop off hours** and on the same day that the Board of Contract and Supply meetings occur between the hours of 11AM and 2:15PM.
- All Finance and budget functions essential to core city operations and payroll will continue.*
For a full list of operational changes, please pvdcovid19.com.
* Please note that there may be slight delays in carrying out these operations due to reduced staffing or helping address pandemic-related issues.
** Please note that select documents can submitted via drop-boxes located at City Hall and at the Doorley Municipal Building (444 Westminster Street).