Liquor License Renewal applications are online only.
Go to the ONLINE RENEWAL APPLICATION
There will be no paper applications accepted.
RENEWAL APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
- Must be filed online.
- Renewal deadline is Sunday, September 31, 2018 at 11:59PM.
- A renewal is not considered complete without the submission of the required documents listed below. It may take several weeks to obtain the necessary documents.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS – submissions are not considered complete without receipt of all of the following:
- RI Department of Health Certificate for Food Business
- RI Division of Taxation Certificate of Good Standing
- Certificate of Insurance showing commercial, general-liability, liquor-liability and property damage coverage in the minimum amount of $300,000 (Pursuant to RIGL § 3-7-29. Liquor liability insurance)
APPLICATION FEES AND PAYMENTS
- Option 1: Pay online via eCheck, debit or credit card via the online application. There is a convenience fee for online payments.
- Option 2: Certified check or money order payable to the City of Providence. Accepted in the office or by mail – 25 Dorrance Street, Room 104, Providence, RI 02903
- NO CASH PAYMENTS are accepted.
- License renewal fee is $100.00, nonrefundable and must be paid at time of application submission.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – READ CAREFULLY
- Renewal applications must be complete, correct and accepted by the department to be considered filed. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Staff selling/serving alcohol, checking identification for the sale or service of alcohol and valet parking staff must be trained in a certified alcohol service program.
- All liquor license renewals are subject to an advertised hearing with a minimum of two weeks advertisement.
- Payment for the license renewal will not be accepted prior to the renewal hearing.
Items that may prevent your license from being renewed:
- Delinquent City Tangible Tax or State Tax
- City Police or Fire Detail balance past due 60 days or more
- Corporate license holders that are not in good standing
- Expired Permit to Make Sales
- Non-payment of licensing fees
Licensing staff is available, Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (Note – July and August, City Hall closes at 4:00 PM). Licensing staff cannot complete the renewal application for you and cannot provide legal advice.