Renewal applications are online only.
There will be no paper applications accepted.
RENEWAL APPLICATION AND DEADLINE
- Must be filed online or access the online application via the Licensing kiosk located in Room 104, Providence City Hall.
- Board of License staff is available Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM to assist with applications and licensing questions.
- Renewal deadline is Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 11:59PM.
- Applicants should be mindful that it is renewal time across the state and plan accordingly; it may take several weeks to obtain the necessary documents including tax clearance and Department of Health certificates. Applications are not considered complete until all supplemental documentation is received.
APPLICATION FEES AND PAYMENTS
- May pay online via eCheck, debit or credit card via the online application. There is a convenience fee for online payments.
- Payment is also accepted in office. In office payment is limited to certified check or money order payable to the City of Providence.
- NO CASH PAYMENTS are accepted.
- License renewal fee is $100.00 and is nonrefundable.
- Applications filed after the deadline will incur an additional $100.00 late fee.
- Must be in good standing with the Rhode Island Secretary of State.
- A certificate of good standing must be uploaded to the renewal application and can be obtained from the State of RI.
- If your charter has been revoked, you will not be able to obtain a license.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CERTIFICATE – FOOD (IF APPLICABLE)
- Applicant must upload a current copy of Department of Health certification, if applicable.
- Visit the Rhode Island Department of Health’s website
- Class A and Class C licenses are exempt from this requirement.
RHODE ISLAND TOBACCO LICENSE (IF APPLICABLE)
- Applicant must upload a current copy of State Tobacco License, if applicable.
- Visit the State of Rhode Island, Division of Taxation website
CITY AND STATE TAXES
- All state taxes must be paid to date.
- To obtain a certificate of clearance, visit the website or call 401.574.8941
CITY TAXES, FEES AND FINES
- Licenses will not be renewed until all City taxes, fees and fines are paid in full.
- Includes police, fire and other fees owed to the City.
- Agencies requiring inspections, including but not limited to Providence Fire, Providence Building and Rhode Island Department of Health, should be granted access and violations must be corrected before renewal.