The City of Providence Department of Planning and Development in partnership with the Providence City Council has contracted with Principle Group to conduct a study for North Main Street (between Providence Station and the Providence-Pawtucket city line) in order to:
- analyze existing conditions;
- develop and assess alternatives with conceptual costs for different combinations of streetscape improvements, bicycle and pedestrian improvements
- study development opportunities on vacant and underutilized parcels to complement further transportation investments
- study the feasibility of a Tax Increment Financing (TIF) district and potential revenue
- examine existing residential and commercial market conditions and needs
- and identify strategies to encourage the type of development the City and community would like to see along the corridor to improve quality of life for neighborhood residents.
This study will compile recent work that has been done by various parties to develop a cohesive, implementable strategy for North Main Street that will guide city departments, state agencies and inspire private investment.
For questions, comments, and more information, please contact Jess Lance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Documents and Information
Previous Plans and Reports