Providence Recreation Department Recruiting Youth for Summer Sports Camps
Thursday, July 1, 2021
PROVIDENCE, RI– Providence Mayor Jorge O. Elorza today joined Recreation Director Michael Stephens and Parks Superintendent Wendy Nilsson to announce that Providence water parks are officially open and Providence pools will be opening Tuesday, July 6. During July and August, Providence water parks and pools will be open Monday through Saturday from 12:00pm to 5:00pm. Water parks will be closed on Monday, July 5 in observance of Independence Day.
Providence water parks are open and located throughout the City. Water park locations include:
- Al Carrington Water Park at Richardson Park, 64 Richardson Street, (Corner of Richardson Street & Prairie Avenue)
- Billy Taylor Water Park, 124 Camp Street, (Off Cypress Street)
- Sackett Street Water Park, 110 Sackett Street, (Across from Sackett Street Recreation Center)
- Harriet & Sayles Water Park, 375 Sayles Street, (Corner of Harriet & Sayles Streets)
- General Street Water Park, 11 West Drive, (Off Admiral Street)
- George West Water Park, 1266 Chalkstone Avenue, (Corner of Chalkstone & Mt Pleasant Ave)
- Fargnoli Water Park, 945 Smith Street, (Close to Academy Ave)
- Fox Point Water Park – at Cabral Park, 505 Wickenden Street, (Next to Vartan Gregorian School)
- Neutaconkanut Recreation Center Water Park, 675 Plainfield Street, (Near Killingly Street)
- Wallace Street Park, 1 Wallace Street
- Pastore Park, Corner of Knight Street and Tell Street
- Joslin Recreation Center, 17 Hyatt Street
- Chad Brown Water Park, Chad Brown Street
The City of Providence Recreation Department maintains five outdoor swimming pools. The Davey Lopes Recreation Center Pool, located at 227 Dudley Street, is currently undergoing construction and will reopen on a later date. During this time, the City will be offering free, frequent shuttle rides for Providence residents from Davey Lopes Recreation Center to McGrane Pool at the West End Recreation Center. To utilize shuttle services, residents must complete wavier forms and will be asked to wear a mask while riding in the shuttle.
Providence outdoor pools opening on July 6 include:
- McGrane Pool at West End Recreation Center, 404 Dexter Street
- Al Magno Pool at Neutaconkanut Recreation Center, 675 Plainfield Street
- Selim Madelin Rogers Recreation Center Pool, 60 Camden Avenue
- Zuccolo Recreation Center Pool, 18 Gesler Street
The schedule from the Davey Lopes Recreation Center to the West End Recreation Center is included below.
|Pick-up @ Davey Lopes Recreation Center||Pick-up @ West End Recreation Center|
Additionally, five-dollar a week recreation day camps begin Tuesday, July 6 and Providence youth can still sign up for some sports camps online. Residents can access the wavier forms, shuttle schedule and more information regarding summer camps on the Recreation Center website. For additional information residents can also contact the Mayor’s Center for City Services by dialing 3-1-1.