Environmental Services Division Mission Statement
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life and protect the public interest through sound environmental policies, enforcing codes and ordinances, and provide efficient public services in the areas of solid waste management, recycling, and vector control.
- Administer and monitor refuse and recycling programs throughout the City
- Promote proper disposal of household hazardous waste
- Provide vector control measures that mitigate and combat public health risks
- Implement public outreach and education programs
- Partner with state and federal agencies, local businesses and organizations, and community groups for the benefit of increasing recycling rates and awareness
- Serve as the enforcement arm for all environmental issues within the City
Helpful Information Links
News + Announcements
Please visit DPW for your free “yard debris” sticker that denotes the bin WM will empty and leave on the premises.
Missed Garbage or Recycling Pick-Up. PLEASE CALL WASTE MANAGEMENT @ 1-800-972-4545
Street Address: 700 Allens Avenue, Providence, Rhode Island, 02905