FY2023 TAX DEADLINES:
- Jul 25, 2022: 1st Quarter
- The grace period for the 1st quarter has been extended to the close of business on August 19, 2022
- Oct 24, 2022: 2nd Quarter
- Jan 24, 2023: 3rd Quarter
- Apr 24, 2023: 4th Quarter
CAR TAX DISCONTINUED
The car (excise) tax will no longer be levied, beginning with the 2022 tax year in Rhode Island. Unpaid taxes from 2021 and earlier are not wiped out and must still be paid. All unpaid taxes have been placed for collection with Municipal Collection Agency (401-521-2275) and the registrations under the taxpayer’s name cannot be renewed with DMV until the tax is paid.
Upcoming Office Closings
- Monday, July 4 for Independence Day
- Monday , August 8 for Victory Day
- Monday, September 5 for Labor Day
- Monday, October 10 for Columbus Day
VISITING OR CONTACTING THE COLLECTOR’S OFFICE
Public admission to City Hall is through the rear (handicapped) entrance. Please maintain social distancing in the building. For best service, conduct business via email to . In most cases, we can respond the same day.
The City Collector’s Office sends out annual bills in June and processes quarterly payments for Real Estate, Personal Property/Tangible, and Motor Vehicle taxes. The office works with banks, mortgage companies and credit card companies for the receipt of taxes and payments through escrow. The office also provides municipal lien certificates for real estate closings and mortgage refinancing. This office provides business license clearances and releases registration blocks with DMV.Check or Pay My Taxes Register for e-mail notifications from the City Tax Collector F.A.Q.s Apply for Tax Appeal