Quarter 1 deadline extension: The July 24 deadline to pay first quarter 2020 tax without penalty has been extended to payments received by Friday August 14. Avoid paying your tax in person. Please mail your payment in the envelope provided with your bill. If you usually pay your tax bill in cash, consider a money order, which can be obtained from the post office or convenience stores.
- The Collector’s Office is open from 8:30AM- 4:30PM weekdays except for Wednesday. City Hall will also be closed Monday, August 10 in observance of Victory Day. There will be reduced staff in-house every day, so wait times may be long.
- We urge you to conduct business via email to or by phone to 401-331-5252.
Collector’s Office Operation under COVID Restrictions
- Interest forbearance for the April 24th tax deadline will end after June 30, 2020. Please make your payment prior to this time to prevent interest charges.
- The Collector’s Office will be open from 8:30 am Monday, June 22. Until further notice, City Hall will be open Mon-Tue-Thu-Fri. Closed Wednesday for cleaning.
We urge you to conduct business via email to or by phone to 331-5252, but there will be reduced staff in-house every day, so wait times may be long.
- Avoid paying your tax in person. If you usually use cash, consider a money order, which can be obtained from the post office or convenience stores.
- Questions related to your tax bill should be made via letter, email or the phone. You will not be able to speak face to face with staff.
- Our staff is operating under social distancing, so only half of our staff will be present. If you must make payment in person, be prepared for longer wait times.
- Only one person should come to City Hall. If at all possible, do not come with extra people.
The 2020 TAX SALE is scheduled for August 26, 2020.
Property Owners and related parties are being notified in accordance with state law.
The Tax Sale will take place online. Please see the links below for more information.
The City Collector’s Office sends out annual bills in June and processes quarterly payments for Real Estate, Personal Property/Tangible, and Motor Vehicle taxes. The office works with banks, mortgage companies and credit card companies for the receipt of taxes and payments through escrow. The office also provides municipal lien certificates for real estate closings and mortgage refinancing. This office provides business license clearances and releases registration blocks with DMV. It also conducts one tax sale per year, usually in May, for the sale of delinquent taxes on real estate.Check or Pay My Taxes Sign-Up for Email Tax Due Reminders F.A.Q.s Apply for Tax Appeal