The City Collector’s Office sends out annual bills in June and processes quarterly payments for Real Estate, Personal Property/Tangible, and Motor Vehicle taxes. The office works with banks, mortgage companies and credit card companies for the receipt of taxes and payments through escrow. The office also provides municipal lien certificates for real estate closings and mortgage refinancing. This office provides business license clearances and releases registration blocks with DMV.
FY2023 TAX DEADLINES:
- Jul 25, 2022: 1st Quarter
- Oct 24, 2022: 2nd Quarter
- Jan 24, 2023: 3rd Quarter
- Apr 24, 2023: 4th Quarter
CAR TAX DISCONTINUED
The car (excise) tax will no longer be levied, beginning with the 2022 tax year in Rhode Island. Unpaid taxes from 2021 and earlier are not wiped out and must still be paid. All unpaid taxes have been placed for collection with Municipal Collection Agency (401-521-2275) and the registrations under the taxpayer’s name cannot be renewed with DMV until the tax is paid.
- Properties Redeemed from the May 19, 2022 Tax Sale
- May 25, 2023 Tax Sale List
- 2023 Tax Sale Information
- Properties Redeemed for the August 19, 2021 Tax Sale
- Tax Liens Sold at the May 19, 2022 Tax Sale
- 2023 Tax Sale: May 25, 2023 10:00am
Bidder Registration: April 24, 2023 – May 12, 2023 at 4:30PM
Check or Pay My Taxes Register for e-mail notifications from the City Tax Collector F.A.Q.s Apply for Tax Appeal