We are delighted that you would like to film in the City of Providence. The Department of Art, Culture + Tourism coordinates with a collective of City Department representatives along with production companies to facilitate the logistics of filming in Providence.
What You Need To Film In Providence:
The City’s new COVID-19 responsive film registration process. Please keep in mind we are only registering shoots with 25 people or less. If you are planning a larger shoot, please email Lizzie directly. Thank you in advance for taking the time to ensure our community is kept safe.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- We are currently amid a global pandemic and a state of emergency.
- We are requiring that each set have a dedicated COVID-19 Safety Officer
- The City of Providence reserves the right to make changes to any submitted and approved plan at any time.
- The City of Providence reserves the right to cancel any event at any time without notice
- The City of Providence now requires all film sets to have a COVID-19 Safety Officer on set when there are 5 pr more people on set,
Before completing the required forms for filming in Providence, all production companies must contact 401.347-4633
Mandatory Forms – Please follow all the steps below
There is no fee to shoot a film in Providence. However, each piece of the application is vitally important, and you will need to carefully read each section. We encourage you to read it through to the end.
To shoot in Providence you need to:
A. READ – Reopening RI Summary Guidelines
B. COMPLETE – REOPENING RI Control PlanTemplate form
– Save pdf renamed with your film title and start date
C. COMPLETE – THE CITY OF PROVIDENCE FILM REGISTRATION 2020
D. AQUIRE a CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE
i. A film requires proof of liability insurance in the amount of One Million Dollars
ii. The naming on the Certificate of Insurance:
City of Providence
25 Dorrance Street
Providence RI, 02903
E. EMAIL – items B, C and D (outlined above) to
Rhode Island Film & Television Office
It is mandatory that all production companies contact The Rhode Island Film & Television Office to obtain permission to film in Rhode Island. The Rhode Island Film & Television Office serves as the initial point of contact for all productions and provides:
- Permits to film in Rhode Island
- Information about the State Tax Credit program
- Listing of current and past film projects
- Crew & Production Guide
- Casting information
All production companies must notify merchants and residents about filming that will be taking place in their neighborhoods.
1. Need To Close A Street?
2. Police & Fire Department Detail
3. Filming In A City Park?
- All events taking place in a park require a permit
- All applicants must call Parks Dept. prior to applying
- (401) 785 – 9450 x240