Vision Government Solutions is conducting the Revaluation of the City of Providence.
Follow the progress here:
- 12/7/2018 – Data collectors from RRC, the Tangible revaluation company, will be starting in the following locations:
Downtown financial district, Broad Street, Branch and Silver Spring Street. They will be starting Atwells Avenue the end of next week.
- 10/23/2018 – The revaluation company will be moving on to the Olneyville and Hartford neighborhoods in 7 to 10 days.
- 9/7/2018 – The revaluation company will start canvassing in the Silver Lake Neighborhoods in approximately 7-10 days.
- 8/7/2018 – Beginning next week, the revaluation company will be in the Reservoir and West End neighborhoods.
- 7/16/2018 – Reps to work in the Elmwood and South Elmwood neighborhoods starting next week (7/23 to 7/27).
- 6/20/2018 – Beginning the end of next week, the revaluation company will be in the Upper and Lower South Providence neighborhoods.
- 6/5/2018 – Beginning this week the revaluation company will be in the Federal Hill neighborhood.
- 5/18/2018 – Beginning late next week the City Tax Revaluation will be in the Smith Hill and Valley neighborhoods.
- 4/27/2018 – City Tax Revaluation in Wayland & College Hill. Fox Point also begins next week.
- 4/12/2018 – City Tax Revaluation continues in Wayland and College Hill areas.
- 4/1/2018 – City Tax Revaluation continues in Blackstone neighborhood.
- 3/26/2018 – City Tax Revaluation continues in Mt. Hope & Hope neighborhoods.
- 1/22/2018 – City Tax Revaluation continues. Manton neighborhood finishing this week & Wanskuck starting Monday.
- 12/27/2017 – PVD citywide tax revaluation moves into Mount Pleasant area.
- 11/13/2017 – PVD begins citywide tax revaluation starting with NW corner of city.
Personal Property Revaluation
Real Estate Research Consultants (RRC) will begin full Personal Property Revaluations the week of October 15, 2018.
This will require the company to verify and gather the complete listing details for coding and valuation for all taxable accounts. Field canvassers will do an on-site inspection attempt to verify, and collect this data. One attempt is made by the company for an on-site inspection. Business cards will be left with an owner/occupant to encourage them to make an appointment. If unable to gain entry and no existing data is available the company will value the business based on data compiled from like type businesses. After the valuation phase, the company will mail value notices to all accounts. Informal Review meetings will be scheduled with any business owner that requests an appointment. Business Owners will be notified of the value results of the informal review process by mail.
- 1/15/2019 – RRC started canvassing following locations: Downtown, East Side, Resevoir & Elmwood,/ South Side, Allens Ave. & Eddy St. /RI Hospital area
- 11/1/2018 – RRC will be starting in the following locations: South Main, South Water St., Charles St., Chalkstone Avenue, Hope and Thayer Streets, and will be on the east side for some time.
What is Personal Property?
Personal property is tangible, movable property, exclusive of land. A key characteristic of personal property is the ability to move it without damage either to itself or to the real estate to which it is attached. Think of it in this way: If the business owner was to move to another location, can he remove this item, move it and install it in a new location. A desk and chair would be personal property; a safe would be personal property; a large bank vault would be real property. Personal property may be leased, loaned, rented, consigned, or owned. The basic categories include furniture, fixtures, computers, office equipment, machinery, and storage tanks.Revaluation Q + A Tax Assessment Database FAQ's - Personal Property