Requirements of a Marriage License in Providence
Both Parties must be present and need the Following:
RI Marriage Worksheet/License Application
RI Marriage Requirements Handbook
Printable list of Requirements
Officiant’s Marriage Guide
- Certified Birth Certificates (Original) – Must have parent(s) name(s) on the certificate.
- Valid Photo I.D
- Proof of Residency – Parties must present a utility bill, bank statement, car registration, tax return or pay stub with current address.
- If NOT first marriage – Certified FINAL divorce decree or death certificate from previous marriage must be presented.
- All Documents Must Be In English.
- If documents are not in English, a certified translator must be present and accompanied by original documents
- Documents must be translated by a certified translator and notarized by a Notary of the Public. It cannot be the same individual.
- Both parties must apply between the hours of 8:30 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. Only.
- $24.00 License Fee – Credit Card, Check or Money Order (made payable to: City of Providence). Cash will not be accepted.
- Both parties must both be present at the time of the application
- All documents must be ORIGINALS. Photocopies will not be accepted.