Make your child’s birthday a memorable day by celebrating it at the Museum of Natural History and Planetarium. Parties are available for children turning ages 7-9 and are offered on Sundays, October through April.
Each party includes:
- Special museum quest exploring the museum
- Private planetarium show (Children must be age 4 and older to be permitted in the planetarium.)
- Crafts and activities
- Private party space for refreshments
- Party host
- Special gift for the birthday child
- Fossil Frenzy: This is a must-have party for all future paleontologists! Real fossils from the museum’s collections plus cool crafts that bring ancient creatures to life!
- Rockin’ Rockets: This is a must-have party for all future astronauts! Fun rocket craft, astronaut training exercises and a rocket launch!
- Star Party: This is a must-have party for all future astronomers! Fun cosmic crafts and activities exploring the cosmos!
Museum Members: $200 (Maximum of 15 children and 15 adults)
General Public: $275 (Maximum of 15 children and 15 adults)
Birthday parties must be paid in full at time of booking. For birthday party member discounts, you must be a museum member at the time of booking.
15 Goodie Bags (optional): $15.00
Maximum of 15 children, including the birthday child, and 15 adults. The birthday child and his/her immediate family are counted in this total.
Parties are offered on Sundays, October through April, at 12:00pm.
Food and Beverage
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the museum, all food and beverages must be kept in the party room.
- In addition to birthday cake, homemade or packaged food is permitted, provided that it does not need to be kept hot.
- The museum does not allow the use of devices needed to heat food including hot plates, chafing dishes or crockpots.
- No food deliveries are permitted.
- There is no refrigerator available, personal coolers are permitted in the party room.
Parties may be reserved up to two months in advance of the current month and must be reserved at least three weeks prior to your party date.
Full payment is due at time of booking. To schedule a party, call the museum at 401.680.7224.
Please note: Please decorate tabletops only, balloons and/or confetti are not permitted. Decorations cannot be affixed to the walls, must be freestanding. Piñatas are not allowed in the museum.Download a Printable Museum Birthday Party Invitation