Special Message for July 24, 2019 Payments – This year’s tax bills were delayed due to the budget. Here is important information on how we are responding.
- Excise (car) tax and Tangible (business) tax bills: These bills are being mailed on Wednesday, July 10 and Thursday, July 11. These bills will arrive before real estate bills.
- Real estate tax bills: These bills will be mailed starting Tuesday, July 16. If you were previously receiving the owner-occupied tax rate, you do NOT have to apply for the new owner-occupied exemption. An exemption amount has been applied to these properties and the reduction has been computed in your bill.
- Online status: All tax bills are visible online now. Online payments can be accepted now.
- Extended grace period: The first quarter due date is July 24, as in past years. However, in order to provide ample time to make a payment, we will accept your first quarter payment without interest or penalty until the close of business Friday, August 16.
- Summer hours: In July and August, City hall is open from 8:30 am-4:00 pm.
The City Collector’s Office sends out annual bills in June and processes quarterly payments for Real Estate, Personal Property/Tangible, and Motor Vehicle taxes. The office works with banks, mortgage companies and credit card companies for the receipt of taxes and payments through escrow. The office also provides municipal lien certificates for real estate closings and mortgage refinancing. This office provides business license clearances and releases registration blocks with DMV. It also conducts one tax sale per year, usually in May, for the sale of delinquent taxes on real estate.Check or Pay My Taxes Sign-Up for Email Tax Due Reminders F.A.Q.s Apply for Tax Appeal