Completed benefits forms, along with any supporting dependent documentation, can be sent to the Benefits Office via:
Scan and email to email@example.com
Fax to 401-680-5457
Mail to Benefits Office Attn: Active School, PO Box 1656, Providence, RI 02901
If you have additional questions, please reach out to the Benefits Office via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to get back to you as soon as we can.
NEW HIRE ENROLLMENT
As a new hire, the benefits that you elect during your 30 day new hire enrollment period will remain in effect for the remainder of the plan year, unless you have a qualifying life event (see below) or make a change during our annual Open Enrollment period.
To review the PowerPoint presentation for New Hire Teachers, please click the link below:
A life event that allows you to make changes to your current health plan as long as you notify the Benefits office within 30 days of the qualifying event.
- Qualifying Events include: Marriage/Birth/Adoption/Loss of coverage
- Documentation: Marriage License/Birth Certificate/Adoption papers/ HIPAA letter
- All changes must be submitted within 30 days of the qualifying event with the proper documentation
Open Enrollment occurs annually and allows you to alter your current health plan
- School Open Enrollment – September 1-30 for effective date of October 1, 2020
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Open Enrollment June 1, 2020 – June 30, 2020 for an effective date of July 1, 2020.
- For this calendar year only, you may make a change to your election through December 31, 2020. Any changes will take effect the next pay period following your request.
- You may not reduce/cancel your election below the amount you have already used.
Provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Local – (401) 459-5000
Out of state residents – 1-800-369-2227
THE UNIFORM SUMMARY OF BENEFITS AND COVERAGE (SBC) IS A LEGALLY REQUIRED HEALTH PLAN DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT
BLUE CROSS SUMMARIES
Provided by Delta Dental of RI
Billing – (401) 752-6200
Enrollment – (401) 752-6234
Customer Service – (401) 752-6100
DELTA DENTAL SUMMARY
Provided by CVS Caremark
Customer Service: 1-888-790-8070
CVS CAREMARK SUMMARIES
Classic Blue, No Deductible Plan and $750 Deductible Plan
Provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of RI
- One annual routine eye exam per the calendar year with co-payment under the medical policy
Classic Blue and $750 Deductible Plan
- Prescription glasses (lenses and or frames) or contact lenses are covered up to a maximum of $100 per -calendar year. Members pay the full charge whether using a participating or non-participating provider and files claim to BCBSRI for reimbursement
FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT (FSA)
Healthcare, Dependent Daycare and Transit/Parking – Flexible Spending Account – Administered by London Health BCBSRI.
TEACHERS – ALLSTATE
Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Critical Care, Cancer
Contact the Teacher’s Union 401-421-4014
Employees and retirees can receive the flu vaccine at a local pharmacy by presenting their CVS Caremark Card.
COORDINATION OF BENEFITS
Applies to spouses/qualified ex-spouses of active employees who have access to health coverage through his/her employer. Working spouses/ex-spouses must enroll in an individual plan with his/her employer. You as the employee will be reimbursed in your bi-weekly paycheck the cost that your spouse gets deducted out of his/her paycheck.
- Your spouse/ex-spouse remains enrolled in full coverage with the City.
- Your spouse/ex-spouse is enrolled in his/her employer’s plan as primary and the City’s plan as secondary.
- You are reimbursed for the cost of the plan (co-share) that your spouse/ex-spouse pays out of his/her paycheck.
- Whatever the spouse’s/ex-spouse’s employer ‘s plan does not cover, the City’s plan covers.
- If the only plan available to a working spouse is an HSA, the spouse does not need to enroll(proof/documentation required)
- Proof and cost of coverage required – see FAQ for details