Thank you for visiting the City of Providence Wellness page! We’re hoping you’ll find this page useful in navigating the Wellness Programs in place for eligible employees of the City of Providence and the Providence Public School District.
Additionally, in light of the current climate we’ve arranged to have online webinars each Friday at 2:00pm beginning September 11th . We have a variety of topics that you can choose from – but join as many as you wish – all for free! Please use the links listed next to the webinar to sign up and be sure to enter your BCBSRI Member ID so you can earn points for joinging!
- Friday, September 11, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Manage Anxiety – click here to register
- Friday, September 18, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Seasonal Allergies – click here to register
- Friday, September 25, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Thriving with Nature – click here to register
- Friday, October 2, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Mindful Eating – click here to register
- Friday, October 9, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Power of Positivity – click here to register
- Friday, October 16, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Mental Well-Being – click here to register
- Friday, October 23, 2020 @ 2:00pm – 9 Elements of Longevity – click here to register
- Friday, October 30, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Superfoods – click here to register
- Friday, November 6, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Healthy Smile Healthy You – click here to register
- Friday, November 13, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Holiday Fitness Live – click here to register
- Friday, November 20, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Healthy Holiday Nutrition – click here to register
- Friday, December 4, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Financial Wellness 101 – click here to register
- Friday, December 11, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Depression – click here to register
- Friday, December 18, 2020 @ 2:00pm – Happy Back in Holidays – click here to register
- Friday, January 8, 2021 @ 2:00pm – The Skinny on Popular Diets – click here to register
- Friday, January 15, 2021 @ 2:00pm – Fit Just For You – click here to register
- Friday, January 22, 2021 @ 2:00pm – Sleep from A to Zzzz – click here to register
- Friday, January 29, 2021 @2:00pm – CoP Supercharge Your Workdays – click here to register
What is the Wellness Incentive Program?
The Wellness Incentive program is designed to encourage eligible members to complete healthy activities within a program year in order to earn an incentive payment. Through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island, we are able to offer the Virgin Pulse wellness program to covered employees and their eligible family members.
How do I participate?
Eligible employees and their covered spouses/partners must obtain their annual well visit with their physician (5,000 points), a dental screening (2,500 points) and earn an additional 7,500 points (for 15,000 points total) in the Virgin Pulse application before June 30 , 2021, in order to earn an incentive payment payable in September 2021. If you are a single parent and cover your child(ren), you will just need to ensure that the annual well visit is obtained for your child(ren).
Who is eligible to participate in the Wellness Program?
Currently, the Wellness Incentive Program is available toemployee who are covered under a City of Providence medical plan and belong to a group listed below:
- Non-union City and PPSD employees
- Employees represented by Local Union 1033 (City and School)
- Employees represented by the Providence Teachers Union
- Employee represented by Local Union 1339
Spouses/Domestic Partners (Teachers only) who are covered under the medical plan are also eligible to participate. Only employees and spouses/domestic partners will have the ability to create a Virgin Pulse account.
How do I check my wellness activity status for this past year?
View your statement in the Virgin Pulse app. Click on “Rewards” and then “View Your Full Statement”.
Group Specific Wellness Programs
July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
Prior Year (2019-2020)
Wellness Program Components for Employees and their Covered Spouses
- Create a Virgin Pulse account - follow the Registration Instructions to get started. You can access Virgin Pulse either from a desktop/laptop computer, or on your smart device.
- Having a hard time remembering your email or password? There is a Chat function where you can get real time help from the Virgin Pulse Customer Service team
- Annual Well Visit (5,000 points) - your annual well visit will flow through the BCBSRI claims process and there's no additional action needed on your behalf!
- If you are a spouse on Coordination of Benefits, you will need to supply your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your primary insurance to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 401-680-5457 in order to receive credit.
- Already went for your annual well visit, but it's not showing? Claims can take anywhere from four to eight weeks to reflect in the Virgin Pulse system.
- Dental Exam (2,500 points) - your dental exam will flow through the Delta Dental of Rhode Island claim system over to BCSBRI and Virgin Pulse, so no additional action will be needed here!
- Had a cleaning, but it's not showing? Claims can take anywhere from four to eight weeks to reflect in the Virgin Pulse system.
- Earn an Additional 7,500 points:
- Connecting a device and receiving points for the steps you take (up to 140 points per day)
- Health Screenings (anywhere from 100-500 points)
- Tracking Healthy Habits such as sleep, mood, workouts, stairs or breakfast (10 points for each, up to 30 points per day)
- Completing Daily Cards which are healthy hints and tips (20 points each card, up to 40 points per day)
- Vision Exam (500 points)
- Health Assessment (1,500 points)
- Nicotine Free Agreement (1,000 points)
- Attend a Stop by event – schedule TBD (100 points)
- Participate in an online presentation/webinar (100 points)
Wellness Program Components for Single Parent Families
If you are the only adult covered under your medical plan with the City of Providence, your wellness program requirements and optional activities are the same as above.
For your covered child(ren), you will need to ensure you child(ren) receive their annual well visit. The claims will flow through the BCBSRI claims process and credit will be given - no additional action needed!