Thank you for visiting the City of Providence Wellness page! We’re hoping you’ll find this page useful in navigating the Wellness Programs in place for eligible employees of the City of Providence and the Providence Public School District.
Additionally, in light of the current climate we’ve arranged to have online webinars. We have a variety of topics that you can choose from – but join as many as you wish – all for free!
Learn how to participate in the City of Providence’s free wellbeing program and earn rewards! Join a wellness consultant from Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island to learn how to use Virgin Pulse and earn rewards at one of the days and times listed below:
What is the Wellness Incentive Program?
The Wellness Incentive program is designed to encourage eligible members to complete healthy activities within a program year in order to earn an incentive payment. Through Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Rhode Island, we are able to offer the Virgin Pulse wellness program to covered employees and their eligible family members.
How do I participate?
Eligible employees and their covered spouses/partners must obtain their annual well visit with their physician (5,000 points), a dental screening (2,500 points) and earn an additional 6,000 points (for 15,000 points total) in the Virgin Pulse application before June 30 , 2022, in order to earn an incentive payment payable in September 2022. If you are a single parent and cover your child(ren), you will just need to ensure that the annual well visit is obtained for your child(ren).
Who is eligible to participate in the Wellness Program?
Currently, the Wellness Incentive Program is available to employees who are covered under a City of Providence medical plan and belong to a group listed below:
- Non-Union City/WSB and School Department employees
- Employees represented by Local Union 1033 (City/WSB and School)
- Employees represented by the Providence Teachers Union
- Employees represented by Local Union 1339
Spouses/Domestic Partners (Teachers only)/Common Law (1033 only) who are covered under the medical plan are also eligible to participate. Only employees and spouses/domestic partners/Common Law will have the ability to create a Virgin Pulse account.
How do I check my wellness activity status for this past year?
View your statement in the Virgin Pulse app. Click on “Rewards” and then “View Your Full Statement”.
Group Specific Wellness Programs
July 1, 2021 through June 30, 2022
July 1, 2020 through June 30, 2021
Wellness Program Components for Employees and their Covered Spouses
- Create a Virgin Pulse account - follow the Registration Instructions to get started. You can access Virgin Pulse either from a desktop/laptop computer, or on your smart device.
- Having a hard time remembering your email or password? There is a Chat function where you can get real time help from the Virgin Pulse Customer Service team
- Annual Well Visit (5,000 points) - your annual well visit will flow through the BCBSRI claims process and there's no additional action needed on your behalf!
- If you are a spouse on Coordination of Benefits, you will need to supply your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) from your primary insurance to (City/WSB Non-Union and Local 1033) or (School 1033, 1339, PTU and Non-Union) or fax to 401-680-5457 in order to receive credit.
- Already went for your annual well visit, but it's not showing? Claims can take anywhere from four to eight weeks to reflect in the Virgin Pulse system.
- Dental Exam (2,500 points) - your dental exam will flow through the Delta Dental of Rhode Island claim system over to BCSBRI and Virgin Pulse, so no additional action will be needed here!
- Had a cleaning, but it's not showing? Claims can take anywhere from four to eight weeks to reflect in the Virgin Pulse system.
- Health Assessment (1,500 points)
- Earn an Additional 6,000 points:
- Connecting a device and receiving points for the steps you take (up to 140 points per day)
- Health Screenings (anywhere from 100-500 points)
- Tracking Healthy Habits such as sleep, mood, workouts, stairs or breakfast (10 points for each, up to 30 points per day)
- Completing Daily Cards which are healthy hints and tips (20 points each card, up to 40 points per day)
- Vision Exam (500 points)
- Nicotine Free Agreement (1,000 points)
- Attend a virtual event – schedule TBD (100 points)
- Participate in an online presentation/webinar (100 points)
- COVID Vaccine (500 points)
- Flu Shot (500 points)
- Virgin Pulse Virtual Session (100 points)
Wellness Program Components for Single Parent Families
If you are the only adult covered under your medical plan with the City of Providence, your wellness program requirements and optional activities are the same as above.
For your covered child(ren), you will need to ensure you child(ren) receive their annual well visit. The claims will flow through the BCBSRI claims process and credit will be given - no additional action needed!