The RWP Botanical Center display gardens are intended to be enjoyed by everyone. Here are some Frequently asked questions (FAQs) and Garden etiquette to prepare you for your visit.
- Help preserve the RWP Botanical Center’s serene atmosphere and maintain its unique and beautiful collections and native habitats. Please refrain from climbing on trees and shrubs, picking fruits and vegetables, walking in garden beds, collecting plants, flowers, or labels, and feeding wildlife.
- Campfires and outdoor cooking are prohibited.
- We encourage bike riders to the Park. Once at the Botanical Center, please chain your bike up to the fence outside of the Welcome Center.
- Active sports and games — including rollerblading, skateboarding, use of scooters and Frisbees, ball playing, skiing, swimming, and fishing — are permitted in the Park, but please refrain from these activities within the Botanical Center grounds.
- Kindly refrain from playing on/in fountains and sculptures.
- Our visitors enjoy the peace and serenity of the gardens; please play music or play musical instruments outside of the Botanical Center.
- Balloons are a hazard to wildlife on the grounds and are not permitted.
- Please refrain from using garden benches or chairs for resting.
- The RWP Botanical Center and the grounds are a smoke-free environment, including e-cigarettes.
What are the Hours?
We are open Tuesday through Sunday (Closed Mondays) from 11:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. The last ticket is sold at 3:30 P.M. Admission is free for Providence residents the 1st Saturday of each month! Please check Facebook for any updates.
How much does it cost to visit the Botanical Center?
General Admission (Ages 13 – 64): $5.00
Children 6-12: $2.00
Children under 6: Free
Military/Seniors (Military ID/Over 64): $2.00
Members are FREE during regular public hours and pay reduced rates for special events and workshops. Get your membership today! Please note that prices may change.
Are guided tours available?
Yes. We offer educational tours and docent-guided tours. Tours must be booked in advance. Visit our Guided Tours Page for more information.
Are dogs permitted at the Botanical Center?
NO PETS ARE ALLOWED IN THE BOTANICAL CENTER, the GROUNDS or BOTANICAL CENTER GREENHOUSES
Service Dogs must be leashed at all times.
We welcome service dogs and especially appreciate proper care of the pet while in the Botanical Center. We do ask that service animals adhere to the definition of a service animal under ADA 28 C.F.R. § 36.104 and 28 C.F.R. § 35.104. A service animal is any dog that is individually trained to do work, perform tasks for the benefit of the individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. Under the new DOJ regulations, “other species of animals, whether wild or domestic, trained or untrained, are not service animals for the purpose of this definition.”
Is smoking allowed on the premises?
All Providence Parks went tobacco-free beginning March 11th, 2015 with the signing of the tobacco-free parks ordinance into law.
Can I bring food into the Botanical Center?
Yes, we encourage picnicking! We have several picnic tables. Please bring a table covering as we are not able to assure proper disinfection after each use. We ask that you pack out what you pack in, including recyclables.
Does my Roger Williams Park Zoo Membership get me free admission?
The RWP Botanical Center is owned by the City and the RWP Zoo is a separate entity, therefore we do not have reciprocal memberships.