Normal Hours of Operation
Tuesday – Sunday: 10am to 4pm
(last admission at 3:30pm).
Tickets sold for greenhouses and grounds, including the Edible Forest.
Pre-registration is strongly suggested for all visitors, including Members. Click here to buy tickets.
Non-Event Admission Prices
General Admission: $5
Child (6-12), Seniors (65+), & Military (w/ ID): $2
Child (under 6): FREE
Members are FREE during regular public hours and pay reduced rates for special events and workshops.
Get your Membership today!
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 401.680.7263.
Roger Williams Park Botanical Center
1 Floral Ave
Providence, RI 02905
We are offering, private guided tours for groups of up to 15 people. Guided tours are available for classes and larger groups. Please call 401-680-7263 for availability and fees.
Special Private Events
The Roger Williams Park Botanical Center is a beautiful and unique setting for your special event, wedding, fundraiser, or photographs.
For more information about rental rates and availability, click here.
- Please refrain from climbing on trees and shrubs, picking fruits and vegetables, walking in garden beds, collecting plants, flowers, or labels, and feeding wildlife.
- Campfires and outdoor cooking are prohibited.
- We encourage bike riders to visit the Park. Once at the Botanical Center, please lock bikes to the bike rack outside of the Welcome Center.
- Active sports and games — including rollerblading, skateboarding, use of scooters and Frisbees, ball playing, skiing, swimming, and fishing — are permitted in the Park, but please refrain from these activities within the Botanical Center grounds.
- Kindly refrain from playing on/in fountains and sculptures.
- Our visitors enjoy the peace and serenity of the gardens; please play music or play musical instruments outside of the Botanical Center.
- Balloons are a hazard to wildlife on the grounds and are not permitted.
- Please refrain from using garden benches or chairs for napping.
- The RWP Botanical Center and the grounds are smoke-free, including e-cigarettes.
Are guided tours available?
Yes. We offer educational tours and docent-guided tours. Tours must be booked in advance. Visit our Guided Tours Page for more information.
Are dogs permitted at the Botanical Center?
NO PETS ARE ALLOWED IN THE BOTANICAL CENTER, the GROUNDS or BOTANICAL CENTER GREENHOUSES.
Service Dogs must be leashed at all times.
We welcome service dogs and especially appreciate proper care of the pet while in the Botanical Center. We do ask that service animals adhere to the definition of a service animal under ADA 28 C.F.R. § 36.104 and 28 C.F.R. § 35.104. A service animal is any dog that is individually trained to do work, perform tasks for the benefit of the individual with a disability, including a physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual, or other mental disability. Under the new DOJ regulations, “other species of animals, whether wild or domestic, trained or untrained, are not service animals for the purpose of this definition.”
Is smoking allowed on the premises?
All Providence Parks are tobacco-free.
Can I bring food to the Botanical Center?
Yes, we encourage picnicking! We have several picnic tables. Please bring a table covering as we are not able to assure proper disinfection after each use. We ask that you pack out what you pack in, including recyclables.
Does my Roger Williams Park Zoo Membership get me free admission?
The RWP Botanical Center is owned by the City and the RWP Zoo is a separate entity; therefore, we do not have reciprocal memberships.
Is the Botanical Center handicap accessible?
While the majority of the facility is handicap accessible, guests may request to park behind the building to better accommodate wheelchairs. Guests needing accessibility must visit the Welcome Center first, pay admission and request access.
What is the photography policy at the Botanical Center?
Please click here to learn more about taking photos at the Botanical Center.
Can I donate a plant?
The Roger Williams Park Botanical Center does accept plant donations that fall within specific guidelines. Click here to learn more.