Something truly special happens when you share yourself with others …
Volunteering at the Botanical Center gives the opportunity to meet new people and make new friends, share interests and hobbies with others, work in a beautiful and stimulating environment, and make your community a better place to live.
An added benefit is the satisfaction that comes with helping the Botanical Center fulfill its mission by providing valuable services and programs for school children, gardeners, nature enthusiasts, professional horticulturists, homeowners, and others in the community.
Our volunteers are special people.
They care. They have a sense of commitment to something greater than their own personal needs. They have a direct impact on achieving the mission and goals of Roger Williams Park Botanical Center. The Botanical Center and The Parks Department value this contribution and hope to offer each volunteer a satisfying, productive, and rewarding experience.
Areas available for volunteering include:
- Gardening! The Center offers opportunities to learn with seasoned gardeners to plant, seed, prune and learn the newest in planting methodologies. If already a seasoned gardener, the Center can use that expertise to help maintain the indoor and outdoor displays, create new displays or work in the poly-grow houses year-round.
- Educational Docents! Enjoy sharing your garden knowledge with children or adults? The Botanical Center’s Docent program is the perfect program to share information with the broader public. Field trips, private tours, and docent days are great examples of what Center docents do.
- Goat Ambassador! Yes, that is correct, goat walking! The Center uses three dwarf Nigerian goats to help control invasive plants and poison ivy in the Park. Learn how to walk the goats and become a goat ambassador.
- Event Planning! The Botanical Center offers many opportunities to assist with special fundraising events like Fairy Garden Days and other productions. Whether it is graphic design or greeting visitors, special events have a niche for you.
- Office Assistance/Marketing! Data entry, filing and general office help are always needed. Social media and marketing gurus are always needed.
The Botanical Center also welcomes students interested in doing an internship. We have opportunities to work in the office, on social media and marketing, designing new garden displays, producing educational materials, and more!
Download and fill out the Volunteer Application form and email it to .