Although we welcome guests to photograph our plant collection, a Botanical Center Photography Permit is required for all professional photographers, professional photographers using special equipment, including, but not limited to all photographs with or of people, such as fashion or model shoots, engagement shoots, family portraits, graduation and prom photos, maternity or gender reveal portraits, quinceañera, and wedding photographs.
We define “Special Equipment” as anything that is not attached to your camera such as lighting equipment, external power necessities, or staging. We absolutely welcome lenses, as well as tripods, provided they do not block our walkways for extended periods of time. The intention of our Friday open paint and photography day is to mingle with like-minded nature enthusiasts, therefore we cannot allow for excessive group photography, engagement or wedding sessions, or model shoots with wardrobe changes. Any of these types of shoots which use human subjects as the main focus are subject to permitting and extra fees.
- Engagement shoots and family portraits are $150 for 1 hour.
- The cost for wedding photography is $300 for 1 hour and Wedding Shoots must take place between 8:00AM-11:00AM, 2:00PM-3:30PM if available.
- All permits must be shown at entrance gate or you will not be permitted to enter.
- Please contact Heather Manning at 401-680-7240or email her at to learn more and obtain a permit.
General Photography Policies:
- Photographers must not interfere with the visiting experience of other guests at RWP Botanical Center
- Moving or removing plants (inside or out) or structures that are part of the Center—such as benches, containers, displays, plant signs, fences, etc.—is strictly prohibited.
- No photographer, assistant, subject, props or lighting may step in flower beds, fountains, walls, benches or places other than on designated paths and open grassy areas. Climbing or mounting equipment in trees or on buildings is not permitted.
- All photo subjects must be fully and appropriately clothed. Nude and swimsuit photo shoots are not permitted.
- All cords or wires must be placed and guarded in a way that doesn’t alter the pathways and put Botanical Center visitors at risk.
- Photographers will be held accountable for their actions and those of clients, crew members and subjects if they damage the Botanical Center facilities and property.
The admissions fee for the Botanical Center does not allow access to the Botanical Center for professional photos.Garden Etiquette